During any significant deal - especially the purchase or sale of a company - it is important to know as much as possible about the subject of the transaction, so that the parties can make a thorough and intelligent decision. This is what due diligence is for. The process of due diligence may be undertaken in relation to an entire company, or a sector within it. It could concern a land plot belonging to one of the parties, or the company’s corporate structure. Due diligence may be undertaken on all aspects of the company’s actions, or only on those which are of interest to the client.
The main focuses of our legal assistance:
- Due diligence of enterprises during mergers and acquisitions deals;
- Diagnostic due diligence;
- Preparation of companies for subsequent sale;
- Due diligence of deals;
- Due diligence of land plots and real estate objects;
- Preparation of Sale-Purchase Agreements according to the results of due diligence;
- Representation in legal disputes arising from the use by one of the deal’s parties of false information during the due diligence process.
Our lawyers have been involved in the following landmark projects:
- Advising Regal Petroleum Corporation, large international and Ukrainian oil
- and gas producer, in connection with IPO at AIM;
- Advising Ukrainian development company on the issues of purchasing and selling of real estate (Kyiv Furniture Factory, BudIndustriia Plant, Kyiv Project Institute UkrNDIInzhProekt);
- Advising Swedwood Ukraine on the issues of purchasing the wood production factories and their reorganization;
- Advising leading Russian cosmetics manufacturer on acquisition and subsequent restructuring and sale of Alye Parusa (cosmetics factory in Mykolaiv region);
- Advising foreign investor on purchase of Lavimont potato crisps plant;
- Advising Kuwait Energy Company on acquisition of Ukrainian assets;
- Advising Belvedere, large European alcohol producer, on acquisition of their Ukrainian production facilities;
- Advising one of the largest Russian conglomerates on the corporate issues related to lease of Kharkiv airport;
- Advising Ukrainian telecommunications company regarding due diligence;
- Advising Norton Rose in connection with client’s request to perform due diligence of Crimean Titan;
- Advising Cargill, large US-based agricultural company, in connection with the acquisition of Chumak plant in Kherson region of Ukraine and performing due diligence and other assignments related to the transaction;
- Advising Carlsberg on potential acquisition of Ukrainian assets.